Visit NSB's Vannevar Bush Award Web site.
VPR Internal Deadline
Funding Agency Deadline
Funding or Award Criteria
Candidates for the Vannevar Bush Award should have demonstrated outstanding leadership and accomplishment in meeting at least two of the following criteria:
- Distinguished himself/herself through public service activities in science and technology.
- Pioneered the exploration, charting and settlement of new frontiers in science, technology, education and public service.
- Demonstrated leadership and creativity that have inspired others to distinguished careers in science and technology.
- Contributed to the welfare of the Nation and mankind through activities in science and technology.
- Demonstrated leadership and creativity that have helped mold the history of advancements in the Nation's science, technology, and education.
science and/or technology
# of Nominees Allowed
1 as UT nominee
VPR Required Documents
- Dean's Letter of Nomination (limit to 8 pages) addressing the candidate's activities and contributions related to the selection criteria (MS Word format);
- Nominee's CV (limit to 5 pages without publications) including all contact information: postal mail address, email address, and phone number; and
- Proposed award citation addressing the candidate’s activities in and contributions to national public service activities in science, technology, and public policy.
- Names and contact information of two individuals familiar with the candidate’s accomplishments, and not affiliated with The University of Texas, who will provide two reference letters if candidate is selected.
For more information, please contact Liza Scarborough at 471-2877, or email@example.com.
Nominee(s) Selected to Advance: Nicholas Peppas, Departments of Biomedical Engineering and Chemical Engineering