For Potential Human Research Study Participants:
Questions to ask:
- What interests me in this study?
- Why would I want to or need to participate in the study?
- When does this study take place?
- Where does the study take place?
- How long does the study last?
- Is this study safe?
- Do I feel that I can trust the researchers?
- Who gains from my participation?
- Does this study have IRB approval?
- Am I feeling pressure or obligation to participate in the study?
- How do I contact the PI if I have questions or concerns?
- Who can I contact with questions or concerns that is not involved in the research study?
- If I really wanted to quit would I be able to?
- Am I learning anything from participating?
- How will I be notified if risks or benefits to the study change?
- How is my privacy being protected?
- Is this study confidential or anonymous?
After the Study:
- What results did the study produce?
- Will the study be published?
- Can I have a copy of the article?
- Am I willing to do this again?
- What have I learned that I would do differently next time?
- What benefits did I receive?
- Would I recommend being a human research participant to others?