Training Requirement for Human Subjects Research
The University Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) policy requires faculty, faculty mentors, researchers, and students who are or will be involved in the design, conduct, or reporting of human subjects research to fulfill the two following training courses:
1. Human Subjects Research Training
- Human Subjects Research Training is required every three (3) years.
- To complete the Human Subjects Research Training follow the Instructions for Registering For Human Subjects Research Training.
- Note: If you have an existing CITI account with another institution and wish to apply any previously completed modules towards your training at The University of Texas at Austin, please see our instructions for affiliating with The University of Texas at Austin using your exisiting CITI account.
- To print a completion report/certificate: Log in to the UT Direct CITI portal as a Returning User. Your Main Menu will list all your completed courses. Select “Print” for the course of your choice.
- Answers to commonly asked questions are avaialble on our Human Subjects Research Training FAQs.
Please visit our Human Subjects Research Training FAQs.
2. Financial Conflict of Interest Training
- Please follow the Instructions for Completing the Mandatory Training for Conflict of Interest.
- Financial Conflict of Interest training is required every four (4) years.
- Submission of a Financial Interest Disclosure (FID) form is required after completion of the Financial Conflict of Interest Training.