eProtocol IACUC Information Center
eProtocol IACUC allows for the online submission, review, routing, and tracking of animal utilization proposals (AUP or protocol) and Animal Utilization Registration Forms (AURFs).
Access to eProtocol IACUC (and the AALAS Learning Library training modules) is restricted to current faculty, staff, and students. If you have a UT EID and are unable to log on to eProtocol IACUC, you and your sponsoring Principal Investigator must complete the eProtocol IACUC Access Form. Return completed form(s) to the Office of Research Support via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are two form types available:
- Animal Utilization Proposal (AUP, or protocol) Form. This form must be used to to request approval to use vertebrate animals for any teaching, research, and/or testing performed at The University of Texas at Austin.
- Animal Utilization Registration Form (AURF). This form must be used to register a project involving vertebrate animals and utilizing funds or personnel that are affiliated with The University of Texas at Austin when the research is performed wholly or in part at another institution.
Some basic functions of eProtocol include:
- To create a new protocol please log in to eProtocol IACUC. Click the blue “Create Protocol” button, enter a protocol title, and select the correct form type (AUP or AURF). Complete the Principal Investigator details and click the blue “Create” button. The protocol form will be generated.
- To third-year resubmission protocol please log in to eProtocol IACUC. Click the blue “Clone Protocol” button (or you may start from scratch by clicking the blue “Create Protocol” button; see above). Select the protocol you wish to clone, and then press the “Clone Protocol” button. The protocol form will be generated.
- To make a change (i.e., amendment, modification, revision, etc.), you must create a protocol AMENDMENT in eProtocol IACUC.
- To extend the approval period of your protocol by one year, you must create a protocol CONTINUING REVIEW in eProtocol IACUC.
- If all work on a protocol is complete, you must request to retire the protocol by completing a Protocol Closure Report (PCR). Please EMAIL your completed PCR to IACUC@austin.utexas.edu.
Please contact the Office of Research Support with any questions, comments, or concerns.