Biosafety Conference Set for May 14, 2008
“What PIs and IBCs Need to Know about Today’s Biosafety Issues”
Date: Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Time: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. [Registration/Meet & Greet from 8:30-9 a.m.]
Location: ACES 2.302 (Avaya Auditorium), The University of Texas at Austin main campus
The Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) of The University of Texas at Austin invites all Principal Investigators, Research Compliance Officers, Institutional Officials, IACUC/IRB/IBC Members and Biosafety Officers to attend a valuable information and discussion seminar regarding compliance and biosafety issues in academia.
The conference is FREE and includes snacks, lunch, and program materials.
- Select Agents and the Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (BMBL), 5th Edition;
- Occupational health in a research setting;
- Transparency and Intellectual Property;
- Multi-site research obligations; and more!
- Dr. Robbin Weyant, Director of Select Agents and Toxins, Centers for Disease Control
- Dr. Bruce Whitney, Institutional Biological Safety Officer and Responsible Official, Texas A&M University
- Mr. Christopher Johnsen, Director of Research Government Affairs, University of Texas Medical Branch
- Ms. Dee Zimmerman, Environmental Health & Safety Consultant, University of Texas Medical Branch
- Ms. Tam Johnson, Occupational Health Nurse Manager, UT Southwestern Medical Center
Everyone is welcome, but SEATING IS LIMITED. To attend the Research Enhancement & Development Conference, register online.