Asbestos & Lead Assessment Request
Directions for completing this form
- Please complete all requested information.
- After submitting a request send an 8 1⁄2" × 11" site sketch or floor plan. Scanned floor plans can be sent to Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) via e-mail to email@example.com.
- Provide a detailed description of work activities that will occur at the site and could potentially disturb asbestos-containing building materials.
- Incomplete or inaccurate requests, will be returned to the requestor for additional information and/or clarification.
- For those areas requiring ceiling sampling, a ladder needs to be provided by the requestor. We can only access a deck height of 10' or less.
Asbestos Sampling and Analysis
EHS does not accept samples for analysis when collected by individuals not licensed by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
A minimum of three (3) samples of each homogeneous material application are collected by the licensed asbestos inspector based upon the description of work provided and site sketch or floor plan. Asbestos samples are submitted to a third party laboratory for analysis. The analytical fees are charged directly to the project via IDT.
Laboratory turnaround times are as follow:
- Normal — $8.00 each, 4 working day minimum
- Priority — $12.00 each, 24 hour minimum
- Emergency — $20.00 each, 2 hour minimum
NOTE: Effective March 1, 2013 ONLY this form will be accepted for asbestos and lead assessments.