- Breakdown of a material or substance by heat, chemical reaction, electrolysis, decay, or other processes into parts, elements, or simpler compounds.
- The mass (weight) per unit volume of a substance. Usually given in pounds per gallon or grams per milliliter. See also Specific Gravity.
- A substance that reduces a bodily functional activity or an instinctive desire, such as appetite.
- Relating to skin.
- Dermal Toxicity
- Adverse effects resulting from skin exposure to a substance.
- A barrier constructed to control or confine hazardous substances and prevent them from entering sewers, ditches, streams, or other flowing waters.
- U.S. Department of Transportation regulates transportation of chemicals and other substances.
- Dry Chemical
- A powdered fire-extinguishing agent usually composed of sodium bicarbonate, potassium bicarbonate, etc.
Return to top