Lecturer Teaching Excellence Award Nomination Form
The School of Social Work is proud to announce the establishment of the annual Lecturer Teaching Excellence Award. This award will honor a social work lecturer who has demonstrated the highest levels of excellence in classroom teaching through the transmission of knowledge, social work values, and professional competence. Lecturers are well-regarded and successful members of the social work community, and serve a critical role in teaching the School of Social Work's curriculum.
The Lecturer Teaching Excellence award recipient will be announced at the annual UT School of Social Work Awards Luncheon in late spring, as well as at the School of Social Work spring Commencement Ceremony.
The criteria for nomination are:
- evidence of excellent teaching ability by a lecturer at the BSW, MSSW or Ph.D. levels at the UT School of Social Work;
- at least two nominations of an individual.
The process for selection will include:
- seeking nominations from faculty and students;
- review of nominations by the Executive Committee;
- seeking additional information from nominees, if necessary.
Past award winners in chronological order are:
Shane Walley, Holly Bell, Mitch Sudolsky, Suze Miller, Ruth Fagan-Wilen
NOMINATIONS DUE BY: April 16, 2013