Lora Lee Pederson Teaching Excellence Award Nomination Form
Use the form below for nominations of tenured/tenured track faculty and clinical faculty for the Lora Lee Pederson Teaching Excellence Award for the current academic year. This is an annual award to recognize excellence in teaching to the School and The University. The award is named for Lora Lee Pederson, the first Dean of the School. Traditionally the winner is recognized at our School's graduation ceremony. Faculty and student participation is an important part of the selection process.
The criteria for nomination are:
- evidence of excellent teaching ability at the BSW, MSSW, and/or Ph.D. levels;
- at least two nominations of an individual.
The process for selection will include:
- seeking nominations from faculty and students;
- review of nominations by the Executive Committee;
- seeking additional information from nominees, such as teaching evaluations, if necessary.
Past award winners in chronological order are:
Jim Schwab, Allen Rubin, David Austin, Ruth McRoy, Louis Zurcher, Diana DiNitto, Louis DeMoll, Clayton Shorkey, Guy Shuttlesworth, Kathy Selber, Mary Pharis, Eunice Garcia, Calvin Streeter, George Herbert, Darlene Grant, Cynthia Franklin, Dennis Haynes, Vicki Packheiser, Dorothy Van Soest, Yolanda Padilla, Beth Pomeroy, Dorie Gilbert, Allen Rubin, Dennis Poole, Miguel Ferguson, Barbara Jones, and Noël Busch-Armendariz, Michele Rountree, Tammy Linseisen, Kathy Armenta, Lori Holleran Steiker, Namkee Choi, Ruth Rubio.
NOMINATIONS DUE BY: April 16, 2013