Field Instructor Training
Module 4: Culture, Diversity and Social Justice in Field Instruction
Module IV Objectives: Participants Will...
- Increase confidence in working with cultural issues in field instruction
- Enhance skills and tools for being direct and articulate with personal cultural experiences for effective field instruction
- Gain further clarity on important distinctions and parallels between therapy and field instruction
- Learn strategies for teaching about organizational and community culture as a part of field instruction
- Acquire skills and knowledge to help interns conceptualize issues of social justice and find their voices as advocates
Introduction (5½ Minutes)
Pause & Reflect
Identify any fears or concerns that relate to discussing diversity issues in practice.
How might these fears and concerns impact your ability to effectively address issues of culture and diversity with interns?
"Accept the fact of certain conditions, not the inevitability of them."
2 of 28
For questions about the School of Social Work field program, this training module, or to provide feedback, contact the School of Social Work Field Office by phone (512) 471-6207 or by email at email@example.com
Video clips require Apple Quicktime Player. Download the latest version of QuickTime Player at: QuickTime Player Download page (Apple)
Copyright © 2008