Application to the MSSW program requires admission to both The University of Texas at Austin Graduate School and the School of Social Work. Minimum requirements are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited United States institution or proof of equivalent training at an institution outside the United States.
- A grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) in upper-division work (junior- and senior-level courses) and in any graduate work already completed.
- A satisfactory score on the Graduate Record Examination General Test (GRE). Consistent with Electronic Testing (ETS) reporting guidelines, the University of Texas at Austin Graduate School will not accept GRE scores completed over five years ago.
- Adequate undergraduate preparation with a range of studies in the liberal arts and behavioral sciences.
- Successful completion of at least one introductory statistics course that covered inferential applications. The course must be taken for a letter grade and you must earn a C or better. It may be taken at your university, local community or junior college. This requirement can also be completed online. Follow this link for some examples of acceptable online courses.
Learn about additional admission requirements for: