Principal Investigator: Laurel (“Lori”) Mangrum, Ph.D.
Co-Investigators: Tom Bohman, Ph.D.; Richard T. Spence, Ph.D.
The Center for Health Care Services (CHCS) has received a 3-year award under CMS “Healthcare Innovation Challenge” cooperative agreement (FOA CMS-1C1-12-001) to develop a new model of integrated physical and behavioral health services for homeless persons in San Antonio, Texas. Led by Dr. Laurel Mangrum at CSWR’s Addiction Research Institute, the UT research team will assist CHCS in developing and implementing self-evaluation activities related to their “Innovations” project.
Services to be provided by UT team under this agreement include the following:
- Design the self-evaluation effort.
- Design and implement an evaluation database.
- Advise on informed consent procedures for evaluation instruments.
- Advise on data collection instruments and procedures.
- Train data collection personnel.
- Review data collection accuracy and give corrective feedback.
- Participate in project management meetings.
- Participate in CMS project management calls.
- Conduct focus groups of clients and care staff.
- Conduct analyses of project data, including cost analysis.
- Produce periodic evaluation data summaries in compliance with CMS reporting requirements.
- Oversee comparison group communications, and data collection.
Sponsor: Center for Health Care Service / U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (# C1 CMS331003)