- About Us
- Contact Us
Meeting Date:July 20, 2011
8:15-8:40 AM: Breakfast provided by Athletics (THANK YOU!)
8:40 - 8:50 AM: Athletics' Advisors introduced themselves and each briefly mentioned their roles specifically within the department.
8:50 – 9:06 AM: Kat Richter-Hastings, Q-drops and Q&A
Kat discussed the Q-drop process from the Athletic department standpoint. Pointed out that student-athletes:
- must be enrolled in 12 hours to practice, so they should never be q-dropping below 12 hours (with a few exceptions: example – SSD); this includes scholarship and non-scholarship athletes; 9 hours + 3 hours of UT extension counts
- will always be sent to their department academic advisor to q-drop.
Other questions from the audience:
- Credit by exam (CBE)? – similar to student/advisor interaction – shouldn’t claim until they’ve spoken to department advisor and athletic advisor to discuss progress toward degree.
- Changing majors? – student-athletes should not be changing majors with department advisors mid-semester; everything must be calculated carefully for eligibility purposes.
- Will you make notes in toolkit? No, but you can contact advisor if you have questions.
9:10-9:20 AM – Wendy Boggs, Awards Committee Chair, and Pam Dahl, presentation of ACA Awards
Wendy and the Awards Committee presented the following awards:
- Taking Initiative and Creating Positive Change: Janice Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dedication to Students: Noe Gonzalez (email@example.com)
- Service to Advising: Laura Luthy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
*Each recipient received a plaque, small gift, and a check for $?
Thank you to the members of the Awards Committee for their hard work in determining who would be this year’s recipients.
9:20 – 9:35 AM: ACA Committee Chairs recognized and thanked members of their committees and recapped significant accomplishments of committees (see handout on Slideshare)
9:35 – 9:40 AM: Andi Poag, ACA President, recap of year (see speech on Slideshare) and announced she would be leaving UT.
9:40 AM: Announcements
New members of ACA:
- 2 new program coordinators in the Study Abroad Office
- New advisor in BDP
- New advisor in Nursing, replacing Cathy MacLaughlin (retiring)
- Next meeting in September, date and location TBD
9:43 – meeting adjourned