Values: Guided by the National Academic Advising Association's (NACADA) Core Values of Academic Advising, ACA members believe that they are responsible:
- to the individuals they advise
- for involving others, when appropriate
- to The University of Texas at Austin
- to higher education
- to their educational community
- for their professional practices and for themselves personally
Additionally, quality academic advising provides students opportunities to learn about and clarify educational options, degree requirements, academic policies and procedures, and to gain insight to plan and pursue programs consistent with abilities, interests, and life goals.