| 14 Oct 2010
Wellness Resource Bingo with CMHC,
- Introductions and Announcements
- Kayla called the meeting to order at 12: 07 PM
- Kayla announced that October is “Careers in Student Affairs Month” and thanked the membership for promoting our NASPA webinar which 7 students attended.
- Rita gave the treasurer’s report. We now have one bank account at UFCU and our current account is $5,009.35 which excludes recently played dues. We also supported the ACC to UT event by donating $50.00.
- The Professional Development Day is being planned for February and the theme is Mapping a Sustainable Future. Justin Brady and Jeanette Hooker are the co-chairs for PDD. They are recruiting committee members. Committee meetings are planned for Thursdays at 10 AM.
- Resource Fair
- Susan Hochman from Health Promotions Resource Center spoke regarding their services that include alcohol and substance abuse education, sex education and nutrition education.
- Rhonda Cox from RecSports spoke about opportunities for Faculty/Staff and Students to participate in their programs.
- Leeann Rountree from Get Fit talked about their 12-week exercise program and their new partnership with RecSports.
- Christa Lopez from Student Emergency Services spoke about the BCAL line and the services their office offers.
- Laura Ebady from Counseling and Mental Health spoke about the services available to your students.
- Human Resources provided resources for members to take regarding benefits, EAP, and HealthPoint.
- Tepera thanked everyone for attending.
- REMINDER: Our next meeting will be in the RecSports Center Games Room (NOT Gregory) and we will be talking about volunteerism and decorating bags for Orange Santa.
- Claudia Prieto from McCombs BBA International Programs announced the International Education Week, November 15-20, 2010. There will be over 50 events held campus-wide to celebrate international education, global awareness and diversity For more information or a listing of the events check here: http://utiew.wordpress.com
14 Oct 2010 mtg minutes by
Lauren Cove » to top