|Student life in residence halls|
Who Is Eligible for Housing?
Any student currently enrolled at the University with at least 30 credit hours or more from any university.
Applicants must be admitted to the University at the time of application and must meet the minimum enrollment hours requirement:
- Six (6) semester hours for Dissertation
- Nine (9) semester hours for Graduate & Law students
- Twelve (12) semester hours for Undergraduate students
Enrollment is not required through the summer semester, however you must be admitted to UT Austin working towards a degree. The initial contract must be for a minimum of one year or longer.
2014-2015 Monthly Rental Rates
|Brackenridge & Gateway Apartments:||One Bedroom Unfurnished||$547|
|Colorado Apartments:||One Bedroom Unfurnished||$577|
|Brackenridge & Gateway Apartments:||Two Bedrooms Unfurnished||$625|
|Colorado Apartments:||Two Bedrooms Unfurnished||$655|
|Brackenridge:||Three Bedrooms Unfurnished||$797|
Apartment offers are made based on the number of occupants listed on your application.
Documentation - When the contract is signed, applicants are required to provide one of the following for each member residing in the apartment:
Adults (18 & over)-Photo ID
Passport/VISA UT ID Driver's license Any government issued ID
Minors (under 18)-Proof of relationship to contract holder
Birth Certificate I-20 Any other legal document verifying proof of relationship
Please read our Guest procedure for more information.
Electricity for Colorado and Gateway is billed by the University and listed on the monthly billing statement.
- Subleasing is not allowed and could be cause for contract termination.
- A student is limited to a maximum stay of seven years attending the University
- Completing the University Apartments online orientation and returning all required documents is mandatory before move-in is scheduled.
- Residents of Brackenridge are responsible for their own electricity and gas hook up and will be billed by the City of Austin and Texas Gas Service for these services.
- Electricity must be in contract holder's name and the confirmation email must be submitted to the Apartments office PRIOR to move in.