Current ResidentsResolving Roommate Conflicts:
If All Else Fails...
While we do not release students from their contracts based on roommate conflicts, we do have a room transfer process in place. If a student decides they want to switch rooms, they need to take the following steps:
- Fill out an room change request on their My Housing page. Students are able to indicate hall and roommate preferences for their room change.
- Once the request is received, a Hall Coordinator may contact the student to talk over the reasons behind their request. The HC will then either approve or deny the request. The HC will also indicate to the Housing Reservations staff if the room change is an urgent need.
- If the request is approved, it will be forwarded to Housing Reservations where it will be handled based on housing application date order. If the request has been labeled as an urgent need, Housing Reservations will attempt to make the room change as soon as possible.
- When a vacancy is available, the student is notified. Some room changes are able to happen within the week of them being requested. Others may take all semester. It depends on the availability of the hall and room type that the student is requesting.
- If two students want to do a mutual room swap (where they trade places with each other), they still go through the first two steps above.
DHFS Room and Roommate Processes: Placement, Mediation, and Transfer
Room & Roommate Assignments
Resolving Roommate Conflicts-The Student Role
Resolving Roommate Conflicts-The Parent/Guardian Role
Resolving Roommate Conflicts-DHFS Residence Life Staff Role
Resolving Roommate Conflicts-If All Else Fails...