Big 12 Spectator Code of Sportsmanship
The Division of Housing and Food Service and the University Residence Hall Association endorse the following spectator code of conduct.
- Recognize intercollegiate athletics as an important part of the student and alumni experience.
- Credit student-athletes for their commitment to academic and athletic excellence and their efforts to compete within the rules of each sport.
- Promote the Big 12 Conference by upholding high standards of scholarship, competitive performance, and spectator behavior.
- Develop an appreciation of fairness, openness, and support of coaches and players.
- Avoid negative comments and gestures that dishonor the teams, their schools, and the Big 12.
- Support conference partners competing against non-conference opponents.
- Support and encourage university spirit teams, marching bands, and mascots.
- Respect the athletic history and traditions of each opponent.
- Treat spectators, players, coaches, and officials courteously, win or lose.
- Apply these standards of sportsmanship and spectator behavior to individual campuses, stadiums and arenas, and communities, and encourage alumni to do likewise.