LearnHereThe University of Texas Longhorn Art Series
"These longhorn paintings bring the epic of Texas to life within these residence halls."
--Floyd Hoelting, Executive Director
- To preserve the legacy of the Texas longhorn and to promote unity and school pride in the Texas longhorn mascot of the University of Texas at Austin.
- To provide an opportunity for students, faculty, staff and visitors to take pride in the university heritage and to preserve the history of which all Texans can be proud by placing murals of longhorns on residence hall walls. Enduring, uncompromising and adaptable, Texas longhorns have been suited to face the challenges of life. Artwork depicting this amazing animal will inspire pride and desire to live up to the legacy of the Texas longhorn.
- Texas pride in tradition through portraits of Texas longhorns
- Recognition of artists that depict the longhorn in their works
- Appreciation of art depicting the heritage of Texas in a campus residence
- To preserve the rich evolution of the Longhorn and its history in Texas
- To foster pride in Texas by displaying symbols of our heritage
- To provide an opportunity for the general public to appreciate the Texas longhorn legacy