Academic Community CentersAcademic Department InformationWhat are the College's Responsibilities?
- Office hours--provide an on-site advisor for a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Tutoring--provide graduate assistants for evening study/tutoring sessions in the Academic Community Centers
- Peer mentors--provide student peer mentors to live in the residence halls to assist students with academic concerns
- Commit to the program for a full academic year
What will Housing provide?
- Office Space-- in either Jester Community Center or Kinsolving
Community Center to include:
- Furniture (desk and 2 chairs)
- Ethernet and phone connections
- Monthly cleaning
- Residence Life staff to assist with programming
- Use of residence hall space for college programs related to the academic community center
- Limited meal plan for the on-site advisor to encourage interaction with students
What space is available for the college to use?
- In Jester there is a mix of academic space operated by the Office of the Registrar and community space (in the residential and dining areas) operated by the Division of Housing and Food Service.
- In Kinsolving there is community space both in the residential area and dining area operated by the Division of Housing and Food.
- Download Space Reservation Information
How you can get your college/department involved?
Contact: Hemlata Jhaveri at firstname.lastname@example.org