Individual Nutrition Appointments
Personalized information about nutrition and fitness, heart healthy eating, vegetarian nutrition, weight management, nutrient needs, or other nutrition concerns. Just call 232-5636 or email Brandy for an appointment.
Vegetarian Dining Guide
The Frying Calamity
Personalized Computer Nutrition Analysis
Includes a print-out and summary form of your personal nutrient intake and an explanation of the results and recommendations.
A weekly posting of meal suggestions which follow our menu and the American Heart Association's recommendation of 30% or less of total daily calories from fat. Available in the nutrition literature racks and online.
Nutrition Presentations for Floor Programs
Presentations on a variety of nutrition topics are provided to resident groups by the Nutrition Team.
Nutrition Education Events
Includes monthly nutrition activities in the dining rooms, The Wellness Hunt (October), The National Nutrition Month Fair (March), and nutrition displays are part of nutrition education.
Nutrient Information of Menu Items
Look for nutrient information signs located on the serving lines. These signs are designed to help those diners who restrict any items from their diets for religious or personal reasons.
|If an item contains:||Sign Color is:|
|Beef, but none of the above||Blue|
|Poultry, but none of the above||Yellow|
|Seafood, but none of the above||Gray|
|Eggs, but none of the above||White with an "?" symbol|
|Dairy, but none of the above||White|
|No Animal Products||Green|
Nutrition Facts on the Cable Station
Weekly nutrition tid-bits are posted on the DHFS cable channel.
Nutrition Literature Racks
Brochures on over 25 nutrition subjects are located in the dining rooms for you to read.
- www.eatright.org American Dietetic Association's web page that promotes optimal nutrition, health and well being.
- www.nutritionquest.com Berkeley Nutrition Services maintains this site that uses questionnaires to measure the intake of important vitamins and minerals.
- www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/ Food and Nutrition Information Center databases may be accessed through this site.
- www.dole5aday.com This page is sponsored by the National Cancer Institute and explains the important health benefits of eating fruits and vegetables.
- www.wellweb.com Wellness web is a collaboration of patients, healthcare professionals, and other caregivers whose mission is to help you find the best medical information and support available.
- www.dietitian.com Ask the dietician- questions from alcohol to zinc.
- www.phys.com This site brings you material from the publishers of Vogue, Glamour, Mademoiselle, Self, Allure, and Women's Sports & Fitness.
- www.cyberdiet.com This site will help you determine your calorie needs and offer suggestions for healthy eating.
Nutritionist, Brandy Shih, RD, LD, at 232-5636.