Coin-operated washers and dryers ($1.00 per load to wash and $1.00 per load to dry) as well as ironing boards are provided in each residence hall. Washers and dryers accept coins and Bevo Bucks. You will need to supply your own iron. The washers and dryers are the latest in energy-savings. The washers are front-loading and use only 20 gallons of water per cycle. Front-load washing machines take getting used to (as opposed to top-loading machines), so please consider the following information:
- Check the labels on the front of the machines and signs in the laundry rooms.
- Front-load washers use less detergent than top-load washers.
- Do not use more than one-fourth cup of detergent for each load.
- Use a low-sudsing detergent, a liquid detergent or a detergent specifically designed for front-load washers. Using too much detergent causes excessive sudsing. The detergent may not completely rinse out of your clothes.
- The lint trap inside the dryer must be cleaned before each use. Make sure that the lint trap located behind the door of each machine is clean before use. A clogged lint trap will not allow the dryer to operate properly. Please do not remove the actual lint trap from the dryer.
- Notify your area desk or complete a Maintenance Request Form if machines are not operating properly. The desk can report malfunctions and provide information on reporting lost money or damaged belongings.