Apply For Housing     Residence Halls     Prices     Dine Here     Bevo Bucks     Emergency Info     Maintenance Request     DHFS Mobile

Full Year Contracts

DHFS offers a limited number of rooms as Full Year Contracts. We offer this type of contract for those students who want the experience of living on campus, as well as the security of residing in the same space for the Fall, Spring, and Summer sessions.

Frequently Asked Questions

Where will I be living?
All full year contracts are offered in San Jacinto Residence Hall. Full year contracts may be for both shared or single spaces.

How do I apply for a full year contract?
There are a limited number of spaces available for full year contracts, and we assign those spaces based on housing application date order. In the housing application, there is an option for you to select full year contract. You may also indicate a preference for a full year contract on your preferences page once you have received your initial long session (9 month) contract.

How do I receive a full year contract?
All initial contracts offered will be long session (9 month) contracts. After the May 1 admissions enrollment deadline, we will contact students in application date order who marked interest in a full year contract. Due to the limited number of full year spaces available, not all students with full year contract as a preference will be offered a full year contract. We strongly encourage students to apply for housing as early as possible; the housing application opens on August 1 the year prior.

When can I move in?
All full year contracts begin in the Fall, and students will move in during the normal move in period in August. You will not be able to alter the contract to have a different start or end date. The contracts last for the full 12 months and cover all University holidays and breaks, including Winter Break.

How do payments work?
Students with a full year contract are on the same billing cycle as students with the traditional long session (9 month) contract. Please see our billing page for full details.

Do I still get Dine In Dollars and Bevo Bucks?
Students with a full year contract receive $1,975 Dine In Dollars and $400 Bevo Bucks. Please note that the dining centers have limited to no availability during University holidays or breaks.

Can I have a preferred roommate, even if they have a long session (9 month contract) instead of a full year contract?
Yes, you can have a preferred roommate with either a long session or full year contract. You will not be able to have a preferred roommate who has a supplemental contract.

Questions - We're here to help you with your housing & dining needs!

Division of Housing and Food logo

Email Housing

facebook     Twitter      yuotube width=

dhfs mobile

Live Here. Live More.

Housing Process

Dine Here

Work Here


About DHFS

Web Privacy Policy    Resources for People with Disabilities    Web Accessibility Policy   
Download Acrobat Reader    Download Flash Player
©2015 Division of Housing and Food Service    The University of Texas at Austin