Welcome to The University of Texas at Austin and the Division of Housing and Food Service. Work Here!
The Division of Housing and Food Service at the University of Texas at Austin supports and embraces an inclusive and nurturing workplace and residential community by:
- Creating caring and engaging environments for residents, staff, and visitors, and welcoming their ideas and contributions
- Promoting a positive understanding of the culture and heritage represented within our communities
- Recruiting, hiring, and retaining staff members who share in our commitment to a diverse workplace
- Creating a working and living environment where harassing behavior or disparaging remarks are not tolerated
- Providing opportunities that enhance personal growth, awareness, and appreciation
The Division of Housing and Food Service (DHFS) is one of 14 areas within the Division of Student Affairs and is responsible for all on-campus residence facilities and the University Apartments. The Division operates its own residence life, food service, business, custodial, maintenance and information systems departments, is self-supporting (without State or University funds) and employs approximately 1,000 full and part-time staff.