WorkHereSafety Committee Facilities and Food Service
Safety Committee 2012
- The safety committee includes eleven employees on a volunteer basis and respresents each area. Areas represented are: Apartments, Kinsolving Shop, Jester Shop, WRH Building Services, WCR Building Services, Jester West Building Services, Jester East Building Services and all Food Service areas.
- Members must have a positive attitude on safety.
- Serve one year terms (January - December)
- Attend meetings every month.
- Review and make recommendations on Hazard Reports and Safety suggestions turned in by employees.
- Review accident reports and make recommendations on actions to prevent future accidents.
- Make recommendations on employee training to be conducted.
- Publish minutes for all employees to review after safety meetings.
- Conduct on site safety inspections in respective work areas at least quarterly. Shops, storage areas, equipment, and vehicles are inspected through a checklist system. Safety infractions are documented and given to appropriate supervisor for action.
- Encourage safety.
- Rotate safety posters.
- Update MSDS books as needed.
- Update motorized equipment as needed.
- Help set up safety goals.
Click here for picture of 2006 Safety Committee Members
Click here for picture of 2005 Safety Committee Members