Frequently Asked Questions


How do I register for camp?
Click on “Registration” tab located at the top of this page.

Are camps open to boys and girls of all ages?
The Mack Brown Longhorn Football Camp is open to all young football players between grades 4-12. (Per NCAA Rules high school graduates are not eligible to attend) Camp sessions are divided by the entering grade.

Do I have to pay the full camp fee at the time of online registration?
Yes, all camps require the full payment at the time of online registration.

We do offer Walk-Up Registration for the Mini Camps and the Kicking and Long Snapping Camp. We accept credit cards, checks or money orders - NO CASH.

When do you stop accepting online registrations for camps?
Camp is based on a first come, first served basis. When a camp fills up, we will stop accepting online registrations.

What's the difference between "overnight" and "day" camper?
Our High School Line & Skill camp offer two enrollment options for campers - Overnight and Day. Overnight campers are provided housing, whereas day campers provide their own sleeping arrangements each day. Please refer to the “Camp Information” page for more information.

Do camps offer any discounts or scholarships for the registration fees?
NCAA Rules & Regulations prohibit us from offering scholarships or other financial aid to campers.

Are any scholarships or financial aid offered for the camp registration fee?
NCAA Rules & Regulations prohibit us from offering scholarships or other financial aid to campers.

Can I hold a spot in camp for my child and then complete the registration later?
No, in order to reserve a spot in camp, you must register and pay online.

If a camp is full, do you have a waiting list?
We do not offer a wait list.

May a parent, guardian, camper or other spectator film or photograph camp activities?

Parents, guardians, campers and other spectators are not permitted to film any camp activities.

Parents, guardians and other spectators may take photographs during camp provided that: (1) they remain in the public spectator areas; (2) the photography does not interfere with camp activities; (3) they cease taking pictures if requested by a member of the camp staff; and (4) photographs of campers are only taken with their consent.

Campers may take pictures of camp staff and other campers (with their consent) at the conclusion of a camp.

The inappropriate use of cell phones, cameras, imaging and other digital devices is prohibited in showers, restrooms, changing rooms or other areas where privacy is expected by participants.

How soon will I receive confirmation for a camp registration?
Camp registration confirmation will be sent immediately. Look for emails from our office for all camp communications. To ensure you receive these emails, please add that address to your Safe Senders List. Longhornsfootballcamp@athletics.utexas.edu

When will we receive additional details and instructions about camp?

Any additional information that we need to convey as your camp draws closer will be sent to you via the email address that you provide on the camp registration.

My camper is staying overnight at camp. When will we find out roommate assignments?
Final roommate assignments will be provided at check-in on the first day of camp. We will do our best to fulfill roommate requests. If your roommate request changes after you register for camp, please email Jan Allgood  (jan.allgood@athletics.utexas.edu) no later than 7 days prior to the start of the camp so we can make the appropriate change(s).

What dorm will campers be staying in?
Overnight campers are housed at either Moore-Hill Residence Hall (204 E. 21st St.) or Jester West Residence Hall (201 E. 21st St.). Camper dorm assignments are not announced until the start of camp at Check-In.

Do you require campers to submit a key and damage deposit?
A key deposit is not collected for camp. If the key is lost, your credit card will be charged a $75 key fee. If the meal card is lost, the camper is charged $5 for replacement.

What should my camper bring to camp?
Each camp has a specific list of recommended items to bring. For details, please refer to the “Camp Information” page for more details.

Where are the camps located?
Please refer to our “Maps” page for more details.

  1. Moncrief-Neuhaus Athletic Center

  2. Darrell K Royal -Texas Memorial Stadium

  3. Frank Denius Fields

What should I do if I am running late for, or will miss, the camp's check-in?
Please call the Camps Office to notify us when you believe you will be arriving on campus. We will provide you specific instructions for where to go. If a camper has not arrived, and we have not heard from them, we will call the parents/guardians to determine location.

Phone: 512-232-5088

Does my camper need to bring spending money?
You will need to use your own judgment with regards to how much money the camper brings. There are vending machines in both residence halls, as well as additional fast food options in Jester West. The Mack Brown Texas Football Camp does not assume any responsibility for lost or stolen items or money.

Can parents stay and watch camp?
Parents/Guardians are welcome at all practices.


Are meals provided at camp?
Please check the Camp Information page for details.

My camper has special dietary needs. Are you able to accommodate that, and who should I contact?
Yes, we are generally able to accommodate special dietary needs. Please email Brenda Preston-Robison (brenda.preston@athletics.utexas.edu), with any requests at least 7 days prior to the start of camp.

Does my camper need to bring water or other drinks to camp?
It is not necessary for your camper to bring water or other drinks to camp. Campers are welcome to bring a water bottle to camp (please put your camper's name on it). Water & Gatorade is provided at all camp sessions.


Does my child need to have a physical prior to attending camp?
Yes, A PHYSICAL within at least one calendar year of the camp date is REQUIRED; A PHYSICAL dated after June 2012 is REQUIRED for ALL camps.

Is an athletic trainer available for the campers?
Yes, at least two athletic trainers and athletic training students are present at all times for every camp.

My camper has special medical needs. Who should I contact?
Please email Trent Carter (trent.carter@athletics.utexas.edu), Athletic Trainer for The University of Texas Intercollegiate Athletics, with any requests at least 7 days prior to the start of camp.

May I modify the Parent Consent form before submitting it at check-in?
No, we are not permitted to accept modified versions of the Parent Consent Form.

Is health insurance required in order for a child to enroll in camp?
No, a camper's family is not required to carry health insurance in order for the child to register for camp. Insurance information is requested on the Parent Consent Form in case a camper is injured at camp, but insurance itself is not a requirement for participation in camp.


Do you provide transportation between the airport and campus?
Campers traveling to Austin by air or bus should plan to arrive by noon on the first day of camp and depart after noon on the final day of camp. For a $20 fee, transportation to and from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport or the bus station is provided by camp staff. Please fax a copy of the travel itinerary at least 1 week prior to arrival into Austin to 512-471-4556.

We will not be able to accommodate campers that arrive the day before camp begins or depart the day after camp ends.


Email: Justin.Wright@athletics.utexas.edu

Fax: 512-471-4556

How do campers get around during camp?
Depending on the proximity of the athletic facilities with the dorms, campers will either be transported by bus or they will be supervised as they walk.


What is your refund policy?
Full refunds before May 15, 2013 are subject to documented incapacitating injuries. All other requests for cancellations are subject to 50% refund.

What should I do if my camper cannot attend camp?
Please notify the Camps Office if your camper will be unable to attend camp, even if you will not be eligible for a refund. This will allow us to keep an accurate number of campers to expect for purposes of planning housing, meals, and staffing.

How are refunds processed?
When you notify the Camps Office, the request must be reviewed and approved by the Camp Director. If approved, the refund will be processed within 3-5 business days.


How do I contact the Camps Office?
The office is open 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.




Mack Brown Texas Football Camp

PO BOX 7399

Austin, TX 78713

©2012 The University of Texas Longhorns Football Program. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms & Conditions.