Tables of Contents
Subchapter 1-100. General Provisions
Sec. 1-101. Purpose and Application
- Student orientation programs are designed to aid freshmen and transfer
students in adjusting to the academic and social life of the university.
- The primary purpose of a university orientation program is to help
students understand the nature of the university, the educational opportunities
available to them, the values and functions of the university community, and
the central objective of the university as an academic enterprise. It is also
intended to permit students to participate in the testing program; to
participate in academic advisement; and to inform them about matters relating
to student registration, housing, campus activities, and other aspects of
Sec. 1-102. Definitions
this chapter, unless the context requires a different meaning,
- "coordinator" means coordinator of orientation;
- "dean" means the dean of students or the dean's delegate or representative;
- "student" means a person enrolled in residence at the university or a
person accepted for admission or readmission to the university while that
person is on the campus; and
- "university" means the University of Texas at Austin.
Subchapter 1-200. Administration of Orientation
Sec. 1-201. Duties of Coordinator
coordinator shall plan and direct all university orientation programs. In
carrying out his or her responsibilities, the coordinator is administratively
responsible to and shall report periodically to the dean.
Subchapter 1-300. Student Conduct
Sec. 1-301. Rules and Regulations Applicable to Student Conduct
students attending an orientation program are subject to the rules and
regulations governing student discipline and conduct set out in chapter 11.
Tables of Contents
28 August 1996. Registrar's Web Team
Comments to firstname.lastname@example.org