Tables of Contents
Subchapter 12-100. General Provisions
Sec. 12-101. Purpose
purpose of the services is to provide a broad spectrum of personal counseling,
psychiatric, learning assistance, and career development services for students
to help them promote, maintain, and improve their mental health and maximize
their college experience.
Sec. 12-102. Definitions
this chapter, unless the context requires a different meaning,
- "director" means the director of Counseling, Learning, and Career Services;
- "services" means Counseling, Learning, and Career Services;
- "university" means the University of Texas at Austin;
- "student" means a person enrolled at the university or a person accepted
for admission or readmission to the university while that person is on the
campus and is eligible for services.
Subchapter 12-200. Administration
Sec. 12-201. Duties of the Director
- The director shall
- maintain and administer the programs of the services so that they relate
meaningfully to the needs of the student body and to the faculty;
- appoint assistants and coordinators for various phases of program
planning, administration, and development; and
- designate specific staff members who will perform assigned duties in the
absence of the director.
- The director is in charge of Counseling, Learning, and Career Services, is
administratively responsible to, and shall report regularly to the vice
president for student affairs.
Sec. 12-202. Duties of the Assistant Director
- The assistant directors are responsible for the duties assigned by the
- During the director's absence, the assistant directors assume the duties
of the director.
Subchapter 12-300. Services Provided
Sec. 12-301. Services Provided to Students
services provide general and specific functions which include
- individual and group counseling;
- psychiatric evaluation and medication services;
- interpersonal skill workshops;
- marital and family counseling;
- mental health consultation and outreach series;
- educational, vocational, and aptitude testing and interpretation;
- crisis intervention;
- learning assistance; and
- career counseling.
Sec. 12-302. Services Provided to the University
services provide consultation and crisis intervention to faculty, university
residence personnel, and administrators for the resolution of problems of
mutual responsibility and concern.
Subchapter 12-400. Counseling and Mental Health Center Records
Sec. 12-401. Confidentiality of Records
- Confidentiality of the records of Counseling and Mental Health Center, a
component agency of Counseling, Learning, and Career Services, is governed by
the laws of the state of Texas and applicable federal law.
- A student, upon presentation of proper identification, may request a
review of his or her records by an authorized member of the Counseling and
Mental Health Center staff.
Tables of Contents
28 August 1996. Registrar's Web Team
Comments to firstname.lastname@example.org