Without you, we would have no Longhorns. That's why we value and embrace parents and families at the university. You can use this page to stay informed about your child's university experience.
About the University
Visit any of our pages — About UT, Academics, Athletics, Campus Life, Community Engagement and Research — to learn more about the university and all of the experiences your Longhorn can have in the classroom and beyond. If you are heading to campus, check out our Visiting Campus information and plan to stop by the Visitor Center.
Safety & Security
We know that the safety and security of your child is important. Read about Safety & Security on campus and how you can stay informed.
Texas Parents' Association
If you want to get more involved, consider joining Texas Parents, the Parents' Association at The University of Texas at Austin. Since 1948, Texas Parents has supported the needs of students and their parents. The Texas Parents staff and Advisory Board, which governs the association, work closely with the Division of Student Affairs and other university administrators to achieve their goals.
Resources for Parents & Families
Many departments provide information especially for parents and families, and we've collected them below. Also, you can use the Students page to access many of the services you will need to help your child navigate university life. (Don't tell your Longhorn, but we created that page with you in mind.)
- Texas Parents Association
- Texas Parents Association - Family Orientation
- Office of the Dean of Students - Resources for Parents
- Orientation Guide for New Students and Their Families
- University Health Services - Information for Parents
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Housing and Food Service
- Counseling and Mental Health Center - Information for Parents
- Student Judicial Services - Information for Parents
- Veterans Services - Resources for Families
- Student Emergency Services - Information for Parents
- Financial Aid
- Student Accounts Receivable
- FERPA Information for Parents
- Academic Calendar