2014 Sustainability Symposium
Save the Date: Friday, September 19, 2014
8:30 AM - 3:30 PM, AVAYA Auditorium
The President’s Sustainability Steering Committee at The University of Texas at Austin will host a full day symposium dedicated to highlighting the scholarly and practical sustainability efforts of the university community. The symposium itself is an effort to share best practices and academic findings in hopes of discovering new opportunities for collaboration and innovation.
The symposium will feature approximately 20 short presentations from students, faculty, and staff in the following sessions:
- Climate Change, Drought, and the Energy-Water Nexus
- UT in the City: Waller Creek, the Campus Landscape Plan, and Dell Medical School
- Ecological Economics, Green Infrastructure, and the Value of Sustainability
- Bridging Academics and Operations: Campus as a Living Laboratory
- Best of Research and Initiatives
Each presenter will submit a brief essay about their work, which will be made available here on the Sustainability Portal before the event. Stay tuned for our agenda and presentation line-up!
To read the essays or view presentations from the 2013 symposium, visit http://www.utexas.edu/sustainability/pssc/symposium/symposium2013.php.