Instructions for Meeting Facilitators
- How to Reserve Com 8 - go to http://www.utexas.edu/its/rooms/ and select Com 8. Check availability of room. Request reservation.
- How to Reserve ACES 2.302 - warning, this room costs money for live webcasting while COM 8 is free for ITS. go to http://www.aces.utexas.edu/ and click on Facilities, click on Presentation, click on 2.302, select Reservations on the left nav, click on the Request Reservation button.
- Requesting Live Web Cast - If you want the event to be webcast send message to UT System Video Scheduling at email@example.com. Include this information:
- Title of Event
- Start Time
- Stop Time
- Contact Name
- Contact Email
- Contact Phone
- Please archive this session in an .rm format that we will store on our site.
They will reply with confirmation message.
- Publicizing UT Web Pub Forum
- Create agenda at least 2 weeks in advance of meeting and post to http://www.utexas.edu/teamweb/forums/webpub/.
- Send agenda msg to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 weeks prior to meeting
- Send email message to ITS Strategic Communications and request an article or spotlight for the upcoming meeting.
- Set meeting up as an event in UT Events Calendar. Click on the "Add Events" link. Also request a UT Direct event listing.
- Send a reminder message a day or two before the meeting.
- Instructions for Presenters -
Speaker suggestions for the webcast of the UT Web Publishers Forum. These suggestions help to make for a better quality webcast.
- avoid wearing white shirts or striped shirts with white, because they reflect light and that makes for washed out videos
- wear the lapel mics for good quality audio
- repeat audience questions for the benefit of the webcast
- speakers will be shown where to stand - try not to roam around the room or off camera in general
- develop your powerpoint slides with your monitor set to a resolution of 640 by 480. powerpoint slides should be in 20 point or better for clarity on live feeds
- if you have powerpoint slides it would be helpful to provide them before the event if they need to be loaded onto the conference room machine
- Check list for the Day of the Meeting (for the Facilitator) -
- Update the webcast.html document to have a direct link to http://realaudio.cc.utexas.edu:8080/ramgen/encoder/channel1.rm (I leave this link in the document, I just comment it out most of the time, and then uncomment it for the webcast. Don't make this link live until the morning of the meeting, and remember to comment it out again after the meeting.
- Arrive at the meeting 10 to 15 minutes before start time. If the door to COM 8 is locked, ask for the key at the ITS receptionist desk. Instructions for using the control panel and other equipment in the room can be found at http://www.utexas.edu/its/rooms/
- Make sure resolution of monitor in COM 8 is set to 640 by 480. This greatly increases the quality of the web cast.
- Work with the webcast technician (Charles Lewis) to do any sound checks/video checks.
- Follow the agenda, announcing each presenter, and end the meeting on time.
- Remember that you may still be on webcast after the meeting is over (and even if you don't see anyone in the control room!)
- After the meeting, update the webcast.html to comment out the direct link to http://realaudio.cc.utexas.edu:8080/ramgen/encoder/channel1.rm and update the time/date information on that page for the next meeting.
- Gather any powerpoint presentations or URL and publish them as direct links from the agenda for that meeting.
- Receive a message from Frank Abernathy tell you the location of the archived webcast. Publish the archived webcast http://www.utexas.edu/teamweb/forum/video. The naming convention is YYYYMM.rm.
- If you need the webcast edited (usually I just chop off any extra feed at the end), ask Diane Gierisch to help you.
- Create a meta file in http://www.utexas.edu/teamweb/forum/meta/ that points to the .rm file you just saved into /video. The content of the meta file should be:
where YYYYMM.rm refers to the name of the file you just saved in /video
the name convention for the meta file is YYYYMM.ram
- Go to the agenda file for that meeting and add a hot link to the YYYYMM.ram file you just created. Test the link to make sure the archived webcast is now available.