The Texas Memorial Museum
Glen Evans was an important part of the Museum's history in many ways. Not only did he provide many well-documented samples in all parts of the collections derived from his own field research, but he was also instrumental in obtaining other collections for the Museum.
His ability to observe closely, and be excited by, all forms of art and natural history objects led him to genuinely express that interest in such a way that the owners of many rare collections gave them to the Museum:
More about this and other baskets: Glen Evans and T.M. Campbell, 1952, "Indian Baskets", Museum Notes #11
The TMM has acquired more baskets since then, but the Seashore component remains the most extensive portion of the collection.
Seashore basket collection
Glen Evans was strongly connected to the Museum for 13 years. Between 1941 and 1953 he was appointed as Assistant and later Associate Director of the Museum. During this time much of Glen's efforts were directed towards the search for strategic war-related minerals, as well as the excavation of numerous archeological sites. Most of the specimens collected during his field work are now housed in the Museum and in the Texas Archeological Research Lab.