The collections have arrived from many different sources. many have also been moved around the campus of UT, finally relocating on the J.J. Pickle Research Campus.
The first home of the collections in about 1900 was the third
floor (arrowed) of the Old Main Building. The building was demolished in the 1930s.
Frequently used abbreviations: NPL Non-vertebrate Paleontology Laboratory | TNSC Texas Natural Science Center | UTDGS Department of Geological Sciences | BEG Bureau of Economic Geology | VPL Vertebrate Paleontology Laboratory | JSG Jackson School of Geosciences |
VOLUNTEER | GLOSSARY