Home-NPL | Home-TNSC
UT Geology Begins
J. A. Udden (1859-1932)
J. W. Beede (1871-1940)
E.H. Sellards (1875-1961)
C.L. Baker (1887-1979)
R. T. Hill became the first chair of the new school of Geology. The first home of this school and its' collections in about 1900 was the third floor of the Old Main Building. The building was demolished in the 1930s.
Image probably taken by W. B. Philips, courtesy Young, 1967
The collections then moved into the Will C. Hogg Building, built in 1932 to house the Department of Geological Sciences. The geological frescoes still mark the original purpose of this building.