1) Contact the Licensing Agent to obtain an application for:
Collegiate Licensing Company
290 Interstate North, Suite 200
Atlanta, Georgia 30339
(770) 955-4491 fax
(downloadable application under "Quick Links")
UT Arlington, Brownsville, Dallas, Pan American, Permian Basin, San Antonio, Tyler, Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Medical Branch at Galveston, HSC-Houston, and HSC-San Antonio:
Strategic Marketing Affiliates, Inc.
8900 Keystone Crossing, Suite 605
Indianapolis, IN 46240
2) Submit completed application to Agent.
3) Agent and the Office of Trademark Licensing review the application.
4) Upon passing the screening process, Agent will release camera-ready artwork of the University’s marks.
5) Submit artwork for approval.
6) After receiving approval, a finished sample of the product must be submitted for inspection (Austin, only.)
7) Receive finished sample approval.
8) Grant license to begin selling the product.
Basic License Agreement Information
The UT System runs a limited licensing program and does not accept all applicants.
The System will only license finished products that are ready for sale.
The license is for 1 - 3 years and it grants the non-exclusive right to use the licensed marks in connection with products of quality acceptable to the Board of Regents.
El Paso's royalty rate is 10%; UT Austin's rate for apparel is 10% and 12% for non-apparel. All other UT System institutions' royalty rates are 8%.
Each component also maintains an annual advance from $100 to $4,000 on the royalties. The advance may be used as credit against future royalties generated.
The System requires licensees to maintain product liability insurance.
Licensees must indemnify and hold harmless The University of Texas System, its Regents, officers, employees, and agents for any liability attributable to any of the licensee's products bearing the trademarks of any component institution of the UT System.