Student Group Travel Card — Citibank MasterCard
Citibank’s Student Group Travel Card is designed for departments that escort student groups on official university business.
About the Card
- Departments that escort student groups on official business for The University of Texas at Austin are eligible to apply for the Student Group Travel Card.
- The card must be issued in the name of the faculty or staff member who escorts the student group on travel.
- The card is for university student group travel-related charges only.
- Card use is allowed when the group begins travel. Pre-trip expenses are NOT allowed on this credit card.
- The accounts will be closed once the trip is complete unless there will be multiple trips a semester. Your department is responsible for contacting Travel Management Services once a group trip is completed.
- Citibank and Travel Management Services do not know how merchants code their business, and international destinations are the most problematic; to avoid confusion when assessing the eligibility of charges to the card, provide details about the types of charges you expect to incur while traveling with the student group.
- Your department is liable for all charges that are applied to the card.
How to Apply
Contact Travel Management Services at TMS@austin.utexas.edu or call us at 471-6641 to request acknowledgment and application forms
- Payment is due upon receipt of billing statement.
- An account will be suspended if the account reaches 61 days past due. Accounts that reach 90 days past due will be cancelled and will not be reopened.
- Late payments: Late payment penalty is paid as per the Prompt Payment Act. If Citibank assesses a late fee to your central billing student group travel card, please contact Lee Loden to initiate a credit on your account.
- Your department is responsible for obtaining all receipts required by the Office of Accounting’s Travel Section. For more information, see the university’s travel policy.
- Your department is responsible for Citibank bill reconciliation and payment processing.
- Each department card will have a unique PIN number assigned. Departments can contact Citibank customer service directly for questions regarding transactions, card declines, disputes, and requests for duplicate billing statements.