You may make hotel reservations online through Concur, by contacting one of the university’s contracted travel agencies or by calling your hotel of choice. Use the information below for help in selecting a hotel, setting up direct billing, and getting tax-exemption in Texas.
Finding a Hotel
Use the following resources to help you find special hotel accommodations in Austin, or hotels with pre-negotiated rates nationwide.
- Accommodations in Austin
- Visit the State Travel Management Program - Hotel Contracts website for hotel information and directory
Hotel Tax Exemptions
You can get a tax exemption from most hotels in Texas when you travel on university business. To receive the exemption, present the following tax exemption certificate to your hotel when paying.
What to do if a hotel doesn’t accept the tax exemption form
If a hotel refuses to accept the tax exemption form, make a note of this on the travel reimbursement voucher (VP5) and the tax will be reimbursable.
If you want to set up direct billing for your hotel reservation, take the following steps:
- When making your hotel/lodging reservations, let the hotel know you wish to pay through direct billing
- Once you determine that the hotel property has direct billing capability, contact the Office of Accounting Administrative section and they will send a credit letter and W-9 to your designated hotel contact notifying them of University policy. The Office of Accounting does not fill out credit applications or complete trade reference information.
- Follow up with your hotel contact to make certain they received the documents and that the hotel has agreed to direct bill you.
- Make sure that the hotel sends you the invoice for reconciliation and payment processing through your department and the Office of Accounting.