QuickTrip Frequently Asked Questions
What are the guidelines for using QuickTrip?
- University business travel for faculty, staff and students only
- Only e-tickets will be issued
- All reservations must be made and e-tickets issued at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- Reservations will be ticketed Monday through Friday from 8a.m. to 4p.m. E-tickets will not be issued after 4p.m. or on weekends or holidays. If a reservation is made on a Friday (prior to 4p.m.)for a weekend or Monday departure, the Agency should be notified via phone (459-8203) by close of business on Friday to ensure ticketing.
- QuickTrip is designed for simple round-trip reservations with access to state contracted rates and discount restricted fare options.
Web Site Access
How do I access QuickTrip
Visit the QuickTrip login page. You will need your UT EID.
What is my login name and password
QuickTrip allows for self registration. Each person assigns his/her own user name and password. Keep a record of what you choose as you will be the only person who has access to this information.
Will my password ever expire
Your password will not expire as long as you are employed by UT Austin.
What if I forget my password
If you forget your password, click on Forgot my Password on the sign-in page. This feature will assist in recovering your password. Please note that each individual is responsible for his/her password. Records should be kept at the individual level.
How do I change my password
From your QuickTrip homepage, click on Profile. You will see an option to change your password.
Do travelers and travel arrangers have to fill out profiles
Yes, each individual using the system (traveler or arranger) must complete a QuickTrip profile.
How do I update my user profile
Access Profile in the navigation bar at the top of each QuickTrip page.
Do I have to call the travel agency and provide them with the same user profile information
Yes, travel agency profiles are separate from QuickTrip profiles.
Agency Ticketing, Changes, and Questions
When is my Quicktrip reservation actually ticketed
Before completing a reservation, you will be provided with ticketing options. Options are based on the airfare rules or restrictions. If you need a reservation ticketed on a specific date, add that date to the Delivery Instructions box on the Billing Information page which appears at the time you have completed your air, car and hotel selections.
How do I know our travel agency has received my QuickTrip booking
Your QuickTrip reservation confirmation page and an email confirmation will indicate that your reservation has been made. That information includes a Record Locator which notes confirmation.
If our travel agency books a trip for me, will I be able to see it on QuickTrip
No. The only bookings accessible via QuickTrip are those made through the system.
What if I need to make changes to my itinerary
If your reservation has not been ticketed you may make a change to your itinerary by clicking Trips on the top navigation bar.
What if I have an e-ticket issued and need to change or cancel the reservation or I need a ticket refund
Simply contact CWT via email (email@example.com) and they will assist you. If you have an e-ticket, it is important that you notify the agency so they can process the refund. If the ticket is non-refundable, the travel agency will explain cancellation and reissue procedures base on the airline rules.
Who do I contact for questions
For questions about using QuickTrip contact Lee Loden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about cancellations/refunds once ticketed, contact Carlson Wagonlit Travel at email@example.com.
How can an Arranger book a trip for a Traveler
Both the arranger and the traveler must have registered their login and completed profiles. Once this is complete, sign back into QuickTrip as yourself.
- Click on Profile
- Click on Arranger Settings
- Click on My Travelers
- Click on Add a Traveler
- Search by the travelers name
- Once travelers name displays, Click on Add button
- Once this is completed, return to QuickTrip homepage and refresh the page. You will now see a drop down box at the top of the page with the names of the people you arrange travel for. You can now select the name of the traveler you wish to make reservations for.
Your travelers frequently travel to the same destination, stay in the same hotel and request the same car. Is there an easy way to book this trip
Yes, you can create a Template for any trip. Template can be found on the top navigation bar of the home page.