Work for TSM Advertising
Who we are…
The World’s Largest College Media Agency in the Nation!!! TSM properties include The Daily Texan, Texas Travesty, Our Campus, TSTV, 91.7 KVRX, and Online properties for all the aforementioned. The Daily Texan, specifically, has been printing for 110 years – a tradition that will be your responsibility to keep alive.
Special Projects Team
Description: The TSM Special Projects team (The Buys of Texas) will gain real world experience working on a specific sales project. They will assist the Student Ad Director for Texas Student Media in bringing in clients for different special projects. Special Projects Team members will have the opportunity to receive class credit and advance within the TSM Advertising Department.
Qualifications: A student enrolled in The University of Texas at Austin on the start date of training. This student must be in good standing with the University and not on Academic Probation.
- • Work a minimum of 2 hours per day (10hrs per week) focused on The Buys of Texas sales activities.
- • SPTs (TBOT) must conduct a minimum of 8 client meetings per month.
- • Maintain deal, meeting, promotional, and other goals set by the TBOT Manager.
- • Assist current and prospective clients in a professional manner by remaining in contact with them before, during, and after a deal has run while educating them on reaching the UT market through The Buys of Texas.
- • Track, manage and turn in all reports as specified by the TBOT Manager. These reports include projections, meeting logs, call sheets, and weekly progress reports.
- • Maintain monthly marketing and sales promotion goals as set forth by TBOT Manager.
- • Attend all Monday sales meetings at 8:30am, weekly progress meeting on Tuesday at 2pm and mandatory TSM events hosted by the Advertising Department
- • Keep open communication with Student Ad Director and Ad manager on any major happening on assigned account list or with personal aspect that affect the work place.