The Undergraduate Studies Council (UGSC) is the official representative student organization for the School of Undergraduate Studies. We provide a platform for UGS students to explore leadership while planning and executing beneficial events and activities for fellow students.
UGSC belongs to the Senate of College Councils, the student governance organization engaged in academic affairs on campus.
Any of the following students are eligible for council membership:
The UGS Council meets every Monday during the fall and spring semesters at 5 p.m. in FAC 328. These meetings are open to everyone. For information on upcoming meeting or events, interested students should contact us or follow us on Facebook.
Activities of the Undergraduate Studies Council include:
- Hosting social events for School of Undergraduate Studies students
- Organizing community projects such as Longhorn School Bus, an event that allows elementary school students to visit campus and learn about college life
- Presenting proposals and legislation on behalf of students to the Dean of Undergraduate Studies
- Deliberating and voting on Senate of College Councils legislation relevant to UGS
- Town Hall meetings with UGS administration
Leadership opportunities are available, even for students in their first semester. Members may serve on committees in UGS and lead council projects in addition to being considered for one of several officer positions. All UGSC members enjoy being members of the Senate of College Councils network.