To have a successful Creative Project Connecting Experience, make sure to
- Plan ahead so you can meet deadlines
- Keep in touch with your BDP advisor to discuss your plans
- Clarify your interest and objectives relative to your BDP topic and strand
- Use our Self Assessment worksheet (PDF) to guide you
- Reflect on your existing and developing skills
- Think about your goals for your digital portfolio
Defining a Creative Project
- The Creative Project is an interactive and/or animated project that uses digital media and technology to create an innovative work of digital art.
- To execute the Creative Project students draw upon the skills and knowledge developed in BDP coursework.
- Students work under the supervision of two faculty mentors from different departments. The faculty mentors have skills and expertise relevant to the Creative Project.
- Digital Arts and Media students only are required to complete a Creative Project Connecting Experience.
- This Creative Project should be a capstone piece in a student’s digital portfolio.
- Animation of student’s original poem exploring deaf culture and experience
- Digital comic book with animated panels
- Storytelling and character design for digital game
- User interface and design for mobile application
- Music video with animated elements
- More examples
- Students may work in pairs or teams on a Creative Project, as long as each student has a distinct and individual role in the project.
- Students may collaborate with peers who are not enrolled in the Digital Arts and Media BDP.
- Students interested in working on a team-based game development project for the Creative Project should apply to the Game Development Capstone Course