We accept applications for the Bridging Disciplines Programs twice a year, during the fall and spring semesters. The Spring 2015 application deadline has been extended to 11:59 p.m. on March 26th.
Here’s how to apply:
- Come to an information session with BDP advisors. Learn more about the program and the application process, and get a chance to ask questions.
- Complete our online application. You will be asked to upload a short essay (PDF) telling us about your goals for the program. For tips on how to write a strong application essay, you can view a short presentation here.
- If you are graduating within the next four semesters, upload a semester course planner (PDF) that outlines your plans for completing the BDP and your remaining degree requirements (summer classes should also be included). Please meet with your major academic advisor to review your academic plans prior to meeting with the BDP advisor.
- After you submit your application, you will be contacted by our office to make an appointment to meet one-on-one with a BDP advisor to discuss your application materials.
- If you’ve been asked to submit a Revised Application, complete this Revised Application (PDF) and email it to email@example.com by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, April 22nd.
The BDP faculty panel will review your essay and BDP coursework plan, and the BDP advisor will notify you about the panel’s decision.
Questions? Come by the BDP office in FAC 338 (third floor) or call 512-232-7564 for more information.