Any degree-seeking undergraduate in good academic standing at The University of Texas at Austin is eligible to apply to the BDPs. Students must plan to be enrolled at UT as a degree-seeking undergraduate for at least two semesters after the semester in which they apply to the BDP. The BDPs are open to undergraduate students from every college and school at UT.
BDP applications are reviewed each fall and spring semester. Faculty reviewers look for strong students with genuine intellectual interest in the BDP topic.
Benefits of the BDPs
- The BDP can help you become a more flexible, versatile thinker, preparing you for a professional world that values innovation and collaboration.
- You will earn a certificate that complements and enhances your major, that will demonstrate an additional area of specialization on resumés and graduate school applications, and that will be recognized on your official transcript.
- You will gain access to research and internship experiences that will set you apart from your peers and give you unique opportunities related to your interests.
- You will have the opportunity to apply for scholarships to help fund research and internship experiences.
- You will have access to excellent, individualized advising with academic advisors who are familiar with faculty and courses across campus that relate to your interests.
- You will have the opportunity to develop valuable relationships with faculty across campus who are experts in your BDP area.
Hear from current BDP students and BDP alumni about the value of their BDP experiences.