The CCC houses programs and initiatives that unify the educational experience for all undergraduates at UT Austin. There are two main components to the general education curriculum: the 42-hour core curriculum and the skills and experience flags. The CCC supports both in the following ways:
- Working with faculty to set and implement standards for core and flag courses across the University.
- Providing faculty support and resources to encourage teaching excellence in flag courses.
- Partnering with the Registrar, advisors, and course schedulers across campus to ensure accurate implementation of core and flag courses.
- Supporting and coordinating efforts to identify and develop courses across the curriculum that satisfy the core and flag requirements.
- Assessing student learning in flag courses.
- Working with the colleges and schools to implement core and flag requirements in their degree plans.
For information on the CCC please visit Purpose, Governance, and Staff.