You’ve made a great decision to enroll at The University of Texas at Austin and to start your college experience with the School of Undergraduate Studies. We’re excited to meet you and look forward to helping you get successfully enrolled at the university.
- Sign up for summer orientation. During the four days of summer orientation, you’ll meet fellow incoming students, learn about programs offered by the School of Undergraduate Studies, meet with an academic advisor to determine your first fall semester schedule, complete placement exams for subjects like math, English Composition, and foreign language, and register for your fall courses.
- Attend Summer Orientation.
- Consider reading a book as part of the Freshman Reading Round-Up, and come ready to discuss the book with distinguished UT faculty.
- Move in. Get settled into your new place, whether it is a dorm room, apartment, or house. Take some time to walk around campus and locate your classrooms, too. Check into the bus schedule, as it may prove valuable in getting around campus and around Austin.
- Attend Gone to Texas. On the evening before fall classes begin, be part of a UT Austin tradition by going to a giant welcome party in your honor! Wear your School of Undergraduate Studies T-Shirt (provided during summer orientation) and meet other Undergraduate Studies students and the Dean. We’ll be serving up some great food and kicking off the semester in style!