The University of Texas at Austin
School of Undergraduate Studies
Skip navigation links

Course Credit for Undergraduate Research Experience

You may be able to obtain course credit through Undergraduate Studies for participating in research. In order to enroll in UGS 310, UGS 320, or UGS 320F you must find a faculty member who is willing to supervise you either as an assistant on an existing project or as the author of an individual project. You and your faculty supervisor will complete and sign a research contract which will be turned in to the Undergraduate Research Coordinator in the Office of Undergraduate Studies. Drafting the contract will allow you to develop ideas about what you hope to accomplish and what your faculty supervisor expects of you over the course of the semester.

You should contact the Office of Undergraduate Research in order to find out more information and to obtain consent to take the course.