National Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Awards
Every year, the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi awards fifty-one fellowships of $5,000 each and six at $15,000 each to members entering the first year of graduate or professional study. Each Phi Kappa Phi chapter may select one candidate from among its local applicants to compete for the Society-wide awards.
To apply for a Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship, you must:
- Be an active member of Phi Kappa Phi (annual dues paid through March 31, 2014) or have accepted membership by June 30, 2014. Applications will be accepted from individuals selected for membership but not yet initiated; please see the application form for details.
- Have applied to enroll as a full-time student in a post-baccalaureate program of study for the 2014-2015 academic year. Accredited international institutions are acceptable.
- International students are eligible
- Students registering in all professional and graduate fields are eligible.
- Applicants who have earned 10 or more graduate credits before April 15 are not eligible.
- Winners may defer for up to two years, pending approval.
Selection is based on the applicant’s promise of success in graduate or professional study, as evidenced by:
- Academic achievement, including transcripts, honors and awards, relevant research experience, standardized test scores, and samples of creative work
- Service and leadership experience, on and off campus
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement and career goals
- Acceptance at an approved graduate or professional program
Deadline and Notification
Submit your complete application packet to your Phi Kappa Phi chapter office in the University Honors Center no later than March 21, 2014. The University Honors Center is located in CRD 23, accessible through the north entrance of the Carothers Residence Hall. The chapter will select one applicant as its nominee for the competition.
The chapter candidate Awards of Excellence recipients will be announced no later than April 15, 2014.
National Fellowship recipients will be announced no later than June 1.
How To Apply
To obtain application materials, download the application packet. You may complete the application online, print it out, and submit it with the other required materials to the chapter.
Chapter Excellence Awards
Members who submit national fellowship applications to The University of Texas at Austin Chapter are eligible for Chapter Excellence awards. The UT candidate for the national fellowship will receive a $1,000 award, while up to two runners up will receive awards in the amount of $500.
No additional materials are required to apply for the Chapter Excellence awards. However, all national fellowship application materials must be complete and received by the University Honors Center no later than March 21, 2014.