Study Abroad Grants
National Study Abroad Grants
Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants are designed to help support undergraduates as they seek knowledge and experience in their academic fields by studying abroad. Fifty $1,000 grants are awarded each year. These awards are available to all University of Texas at Austin undergraduates, not just Phi Kappa Phi members.
As a University of Texas at Austin student, you are eligible to apply if you meet ALL of the following:
- You are enrolled as an undergraduate at the University of Texas at Austin
- You have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Your study abroad program begins between
- Session A: May 1, 2015 – Nov 30, 2015
- Session B: Dec 1, 2015 – May 31, 2016
- You have applied to or been accepted into an accredited study abroad program. A letter of acceptance or a letter confirming your application, on official letterhead, as part of your application. If an official letter of acceptance is not available at the time of submission, then you may obtain a letter from your school (on official letterhead) verifying submissions of an application and your intent to study abroad
Deadline and Notification
The completed application and supporting materials must be submitted by one of the two sessions below:
Session A: February 15, 2015 at 11:59 PM CT
Session B: September 15, 2015 at 11:59 PM CT
Click here to learn more about the guidelines and requirements.
How To Apply
To apply, sign-in to the online application and follow all instructions.
Chapter Study Abroad Grants
Students at The University of Texas at Austin are also eligible for a $500 chapter Study Abroad Grant.
To apply, please submit a copy of the complete application submitted for the national study abroad grant to the chapter office in the University Honors Center no later than April 1, 2015. Please print completed application pages from the online form to submit for the chapter award. Copies of all required documents are acceptable.
The University Honors Center is located in CRD 23, accessible through the north entrance of the Carothers Residence Hall.
Letters of recommendation can be dropped off in a sealed envelope, sent directly to the University Honors Center by campus mail (campus mail code: F5025) or mailed to:
Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grant
University Honors Center
The University of Texas at Austin.
P.O. Box 7336
Austin, TX 78713
Alternately, they may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org