The University of Texas at Austin
Skip navigation links

Apply to UGS

Admission and readmission of students to the School of Undergraduate Studies is handled through the Office of Admissions.

If you are a high school student, apply as a freshman.

If you have been a student at another college or university, apply as a transfer student.

If you already attend UT and want to transfer to Undergraduate Studies, please contact the Vick Center for Strategic Advising & Career Counseling.

Four Semester Rule

Freshmen and transfer students can remain enrolled in UGS for up to four semesters, but most students internally transfer to degree-granting colleges or schools in their second or third semesters.