Students who have registered to present their work at the Longhorn Research Bazaar are eligible to have their posters printed by the Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) free of charge if their department or program does not offer its own complimentary poster printing services. However, students must follow OUR guidelines and submit their poster files to be printed by the stated deadline in order to have their posters printed by the OUR. Please read these guidelines carefully:
- Students who plan to present a research poster at the Longhorn Research Bazaar must attend a poster design workshop, either through the Office of Undergraduate Research or through their department or program. To register for a poster workshop offered by the Office of Undergraduate Research, please visit our Poster Workshop page.
- The file submission deadline for students presenting at the Longhorn Research Bazaar is 8 a.m. on Friday, April 10, 2015. Students must submit a finalized PDF file of the poster to the OUR’s main email address, email@example.com.
- The OUR prints posters that are 50 inches wide by 40 inches tall. If your poster is smaller than this, you may have to cut off a white margin from your printed poster. If your poster is larger than this, you will lose part of your poster in the printing process. To avoid these problems, please set the dimensions for your poster to OUR specifications before you begin the design process.
- The OUR prints PDF files only. If you are working in PowerPoint or another design program, be sure to save your file as a PDF before sending it to us. It is the student’s responsibility to review the PDF and ensure that the file is in order before sending it for printing. For instance, students should check that any images appear clear (not blurry or pixilated) and that all text, lines, and boxes are in the desired arrangement on the PDF.
- Posters should be designed with a margin of at least 1.5 inches on all sides. The poster printer is not 100% accurate in defining document margins; there is a small but normal margin of error that must be accounted for in the design process.
- The OUR will not print posters with color-saturated backgrounds. The OUR reserves the right to return a poster for revision if bright or dark colors account for a significant portion of the poster.
- The OUR does not accept responsibility for design flaws and will not reprint posters because a student wishes to revise his/her design. Posters will only be reprinted if there is a significant defect that occurs during printing due to equipment failure or OUR<